? Site Notice: The MLES Employment site is undergoing a major refresh. We appreciate your understanding when layouts are imperfect, pages change unexpectedly, or information is updated without notice. We’re working hard to improve.?
Competitive Salary and Annual Increments
Teachers are paid monthly over 12 months and funds are deposited directly to the teachers’ home bank account in Canadian dollars and a portion of salary deposited into a Chinese bank account in RMB for local spending.
The 2020 – 2021 annual salary grid for teachers, in Canadian dollars. New teachers start at Step 1 and experienced teachers are placed on the scale with one step for each year of recognized teaching experience.
|Annual Salary (CAD)||$53,000||$54,000||$55,500||$58,000||$60,000||$63,000||$66,000||$68,000||$69,000||$71,000|
- Master’s Degree: An additional $1,000 is added to the salary step for teachers who hold a recognized Master’s degree in their teachable subject.
- Re-signing: Teachers who complete a two-year contract and renew for an additional two-years receive re-signing bonus of $1,000.
- Assistance with all logistical arrangements including visa application, flights and settling assistance.
- Annual $2000CAD airfare allowance and $100 extra baggage allowance for first time teachers.
- Premium medical insurance with emergency coverage in Canada during the summer holidays.
- Visa cost paid by MLES, including reimbursement up to $250CAD for required immunizations.
- Salary paid over 12 months, with 6 weeks of summer holiday, 4 weeks of winter holiday, and one week each in October and May during Chinese national holidays.
- Settling allowance of 5000RMB to assist with apartment set up.
- Dependent spouse/children living with the teacher in China receive annual flights, visas, medical insurance and tuition reduction.