- 100+ international students from over twenty countries.
- In 2019-2020, there were 11 international educators, including BC-certified and ESL-certified teachers. There were also 3 Mandarin teachers, a Pre-K-Grade 1 teacher’s assistant and a Chinese secretarial support team.
- The school takes pride in its:
- caring and respectful school environment. Students consistently remark on how ‘fun’ and ‘kind’ our school is.
- engaging learning experiences in and out of school for students.
- access to a wide range of online learning tools. It actively engages students and families through e-learning platforms, including ClassDojo and Canvas.
- active connection with international families in Wuhan, hosting many parent events and community activities.
- strong extra-curricular and intramural programs for students.
Teaching and Learning Environment (P)
ESL International teachers teach about 39 classes per week.
Kids have about five classes a day, and they have a lot of different activities classes.
There is at least one English activity class per month.
Besides English classes, kids take a range of different Chinese courses including math, PE, art, music, cooking, topic class, outdoor class, etc.
And all the international and bilingual teachers organize the afterschool clubs as a way of promoting the use of English and participate in other activities apart from teaching.